9.11.2011

Things I hope to someday accomplish:

No, this isn't a bucket list, though it will appear so to some. It's no real shocker that I'm what many call a 'lifelong learner' and I'm not ashamed to admit to such. I love to learn, just not necessarily about Biology or Chemistry or Math. I enjoy learning things that to some observers would be considered useless knowledge, but frankly, I don't care if I never have the opportunity to use the knowledge, just knowing that I have it is enough. With that, here's some of the things I'd like to accomplish:
1. To play the Irish Whistle
2. American Sign Language (I knew some once, I'd love to again)
3. My college degree
4. Rowing (for pleasure)
5. Read a book a week, of my choosing
6. Spend an unending amount of time with my remaining closest friends, this side of Heaven
7. Learn to trust people with more ease
8. Be more gracious to people when I know they don't deserve it
9. Have season tickets to Alabama Football and the ability to go to all the games
10. Learn about Essential Oils and all their benefits
11. Come to peace with my compassionate/empathetic self and have a better understanding of what that means
12. More time on the open road with James and the Mistress
13. Photography for fun
14. A group of 50 ladies from church headed to retreat annually and with that that core group influencing the rest significantly
15. Something of a combined Lydia Prayer Group and Wake Up Deborah prayer group of women who love kids and teens and will commit to praying for their children daily whether they are biological kids or spiritual kids
16. The tact to tell drama llamas what they are and help them try and move past that
17. More time spent influencing my family for good
18. Singing without reservation of who might be within earshot
19. A trip to DragonCon to meet Voyager cast members in person (Just because)
20. Mediterranean cruise
21. See my spiritual kids grow in faith and love for Christ and in turn share that love and have spiritual kids of their own

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your grown up words