9.15.2011

Musings that have been long in posting take 3

I sat the other evening and was taking in the night enjoying the sounds of summer. I heard June bugs and katydids along with some cicadas and night birds. While all of these were of some comfort to me, it was the sound of the wind in the trees that was most calming. Listening to the leaves in the trees rustle and hearing the fallen leaves as they scratched through the grass and along the sidewalk. Feeling the breeze on my face and around me, I felt as though God had just strode up beside me. It was a true moment of being still and allowing my mind, body, and spirit to take in everything. I found myself even more in tune to the sounds of the summer nights than I have been in quite awhile. It was a reminder of time spent as a child playing outdoors and visiting with family at gatherings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your grown up words