10.10.2022

Blog Resurrection

I’ve had a significant quantity of people over the past few months question where my writings disappeared to and why I stopped posting them and share how much they were missed. Initially I was skeptical—not of the genuineness in the comments, but in whether or not the writings really mattered. If anyone really and truly did care to find some sort of meaning, comfort, frustration, understanding, curiosity, etc. in my wandering thoughts. After enough people, many of whom are not connected to one another in any way other than each knowing me in some way, mentioned missing these musings it got me thinking. Just not quite thinking enough to put it into practice, or maybe just enough to stop me. 

Either way, I realize it’s been nearly three years since I shared my ramblings. So much life has happened in this gap to all of us, some good and some not so good. The interesting thing though is that the theme that’s been rolling around in my mind for the past few months seems to pick up right where I left off, but with a slightly different twist. Go ahead all you human psychological behavior nerds and think to yourselves that this could likely mean that I’ve been emotionally or mentally stationary these last three years if I’m still stuck on the same theme. I certainly thought it about myself, then I realized that I have in fact weathered a great deal in this timeframe and that funnily enough the same concern of my heart and mind exists in spite of all the global trauma we’ve all endured; except now there are more than just my voice singing this song. 

While my offers to keep the USPS employed and to get to know people are still on the table, they come with an understanding, disclosure or if calling it a rule suits you better then so be it, though I hesitate to go there. It is simply this: Please keep right on passing by if you’re only going to make time for a shallow friendship. Hear my heart please, I’m not saying I don’t have time or a need for you in my life—you have a place and chances are you’re already rocking it. However please know there is a loss of intimacy in the fringe, a missing out if you will on ever really knowing anything about one another. This is more for the ones who are living on that edge and are wrestling with taking the leap into something deeper or remaining on the fringe. For those of you who want to remain on the fringe and only ever read these thoughts in passing, I say you go on and rock that fringe, again, there is a place for you here. 

For the ones of you willing to risk it and make the leap, know that this is a judgement free place—though I must go ahead and tell you that judgement free does not mean stagnant. If, on this journey there are things that either of us notices that can be better or is a blind spot, have the courage to say so from a place of love. You may get told to shut up for a moment but if you’re trying to help build a better person and relationship then just as quickly you’ll be told what was pointed out is something that needs further consideration. Likely your thoughts and opinions will be sought after. 

All we have to remember is we’re all just trying to find our niche and the people crazy enough to hang out with us when we do. So, for all of you who intentionally or unintentionally made a comment about missing these shenanigans, thank you, and happy reading and commenting. 

2 comments:

Use your grown up words