1.05.2012

I'm not so strange afterall...

This morning in our staff devotions, we read Psalm 19. If you haven't read it in awhile, or ever, stop now and go read it. Okay, you caught up? Good. This thought occurred to me after reading it, when I was supposed to be listening to the devotions leader...oops.

God wants us to be delighted each time we see the new sunrise as a reminder to the power and glory of Him.

It is an interesting revelation to know that my love for the simple act of a sunrise is given to me by my creator.
People have occasionally viewed me as naive or even slightly removed from reality because I enjoy stopping to view the sunrise and even the rising moon on a clear night. Perhaps to some extent I am a simpleton because I find the beauty in these and other seemingly small things in the world around me, but if that means that I am drawn closer to my God who created these things, then I welcome being called simple.

(This picture was one morning just before a storm on the drive in to work)

1 comment:

  1. If we who know God, do not stop to marvel at his creation and allow it to draw us to him, then who will?

    I think the answer is the rocks will cry out, but I'm not sure.

    Sunrises (and sunsets) are worth dropping everything for.

    ReplyDelete

Use your grown up words