5.16.2011

God of this City

As probably everyone is aware, major storms ripped through the southeast the last week of April leaving in their wake destruction and devastation unseen in decades. My heart was deeply burdened for all of them most specifically the Tuscaloosa, Alabama area. This is where my school is, where I have friends, where I've spent time. I wanted to drop everything and go there for as long as necessary and to anything that needed to be done, but jobs and responsibilities here would not allow.
Instead, I prayed for everyone there and in surrounding areas that were affected, for the workers going to help, for the crews cleaning up and rebuilding, for everyone. Then during a Wednesday night F.U.E.L. session at church, it hit me. The people in these areas have been forgotten already by the media and countess others, what better to do for them than remind them that God is still the God of their city?! And that's exactly what I did. I collected pictures from various ones of them who have gone to help and compiled a video with Chris Tomlin's version of God of this City.
 I am sharing it here so that we too might be reminded that the people in these and many other areas are still at a complete loss as to where to begin the process of picking up the pieces, and so the people right in the thick of it can be reminded that God is still right there even in the midst of such terrible disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your grown up words