5.07.2010

Too many things in my mind

I want to take a moment to purge out some things that are in and on my mind lately. The goal here is to get them out of my head so hopefully I can get accomplished the ones that need be and so that the ones that are mere ramblings will get out.  For fun I'll do them as a list.
1. Why am I at work when there are people down the road from me who have lost everything and just need someone to listen to them tell their story and love them.
2. What happened to my 'break' between school classes and why must I read the entire text cover to cover in two weeks?
3. Why are some people so inclined to feel compelled to behave how they think the person on the other side of the room expects them to?
4. Why do we expect anything out of anyone?
5. I love the people around me who are 'real' and who see through me.
6. When will I be able to take a normal shower or bath again instead of an intermittent water one?
7. What part of conserve water did so many people miss?
8. Is it against the law for me to approach and ask the man watering his lawn if it didn't get enough water last weekend with the 13+" of rain we had?
9. Grocery shop
10. Find somewhere to stay during orientation in June.
11. Breathe.
Okay so that's enough for lists for now.  I want to proclaim loudly that I am proud of myself for surviving yesterday without a tear. That is a God thing! I marked 13 years yesterday since my life forever changed. I lost a piece of me that I will never be able to have back and have oftentimes thought about her and what she would be doing now. Do not pity me, I don't want it. I type this with a smile on my face because I remember all the fun we had and all the trouble we caused in our 15 years, and I wouldn't trade them for the world. If I had the chance to do any of it over I'd spend even less time disagreeing with her, but still wouldn't cave and just let her have her way all the time. So, self, I'm proud of you!!!!
Switching gears:
Life is too short to spend it angry or trying to change someone. Our devotion leader this week for work said the coolest thing this morning that immediately made me think of that old DC Talk song, Luv is a verb. He said, "Love is a choice to act in spite of our feelings." I know some of you remember the song I'm talking about here. But he's right, just like I've said before to people, none of us has to have one another in our lives, we choose to allow people to be a part and share our lives because we love them, and even when they may hurt us or make us angry we still love them.  All of that to say, go and find someone to love that maybe you haven't given the chance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your grown up words