3.02.2010

I'm not entirely sure what to title this and therefore I leave it blank.  I just need to get this out of my head.
I sometimes wish that I could interpret my dreams the way that Daniel in the Bible could. I have some that are what I consider to be normal, in that they are dreams that anyone and possibly everyone has had or may have in their lifetime.  These I don't wish to interpret because they are simply a subconscious outlet for what occurs during our conscious life. It's the dreams that I have that involve people I care about or know from somewhere in which an event takes place that is life altering or at the least life-inhibiting for a time. These are the ones that I wish I could interpret sometimes. Scary thing is they are usually correct and happen, that's even more terrifying than the dream itself.  
Prime example: Sunday morning early, I was ripped from a paradisaical dream on the beach enjoying peace and solace into a location I have yet to meet in the real world (though it was vaguely familiar) where there were unidentifiable people milling around and one of my dear friends sitting over alone. In the dream I approach her and see that she is obviously upset and has been crying. So I sit down with her and inquire what's going on and she doesn't respond. She doesn't even acknowledge my presence until I go to move a piece of her hair out of her face. Then, true to her real world self, she grabs my hand and tells me not to mess with her hair. So again I ask her what's going on. Through tear-stained eyes she says, "I'm dyin' of booby cancer" (Bear in mind, this is exactly how she would put it if she were saying it in the real world. She's country). 
That's it, that's all there was, no sooner had the words left her mouth in the dream than I bolted upright in bed and immediately began praying for her. I still don't know what to make of it, but I did send her an email to let her know that she was on my mind that morning and I prayed extra for her. 
Today I have a peace about the whole thing that I didn't yesterday, but suffice it to say, I hope I am completely wrong on this one. I don't know that I can handle it if I'm not. 
Whew, now my brain can rest and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your grown up words